Friday, April 13, 2012

In the house of Tompkins...

As I think most all who know me know already, I'm a generally handy person.  There isn't a moment since ARay and I got married that I don't thank the Lord for this fact.  My husband is good for a great many things, but, as he will readily admit, handiness around the home is not his forte.  As such, my nesting instinct kicked in pretty early during this pregnancy, and so,  I mastered the art of finagling large pieces of furniture by myself and had the crib put together by the time I was 6 months along.  Last week, I googled "how to install a light fixture" and found out where the central breaker switch was in our house.  I've become good friends with my level and learned that following the directions the first time is better than just figuring it out on one's own.  Oh, and if you need to mount a flat screen TV on a wall, I'm your go-to girl.  Handy things to know, yes? 

PS.  Having an extra person around while you're installing said light fixture and/or TV is a preferable option.  Or you could just grow a 3rd arm real quick.

Anyway, I'm nearing the home stretch when it comes to the nursery, all that's left is to complete a collage on the wall where I hope to hang 3 generations of needlepoint (as soon as I can sit down with Granny B so she can give me a needlepoint lesson), and to put our baby girl in the crib I so carefully constructed.  The rest of our house, however is a different story.  Spring is coming and I am dying to do yardwork, but 8 months of baby belly is not conducive to bending and hauling yard stuff.  I wish I could put harnesses on the dogs and get them to do something constructive for a change....

All that being said, I thought it might be nice to post some pictures of dear little Reagan's room!  I can't wait until she comes so I can post pictures of her...




6 comments:

  1. Ahh! I love it! I can't wait to come and visit and see sweet Reagan in her crib. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! something(s) i made may or may not match what you have! yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, it's a good thing I don't believe in matchy-matchy then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very, very nice, Dr. Michelle!!!
    best, Minna & Norwiches

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great Michelle! I looooooove that rug!

    ReplyDelete