Sunday, October 16, 2011

Typical.

Aaron Ray:  "Oh hey, just in case you find them and are wondering, I put some testicles in the fridge."

Michelle:  "Um, like my fridge?  The one I put food in?"

Aaron Ray:  "Yeah."

Michelle:  "Well.  I'm sort of ok with this, but why couldn't you have put them in your fridge in the basement?"

Aaron Ray:  "Because I haven't gone down to the basement today."

Michelle:  "Uh huh, I know it's just so hard to walk down one flight of stairs."


Michelle:  "Wait, why did you bring home testicles in the first place?"

Aaron Ray:  "Because I castrated a bull calf today."



Typical Agri-Science-Teacher-husband-and-Mixed-Animal-Veterinarian-wife conversation while watching TV on a Saturday night.  What do normal people talk about, I wonder?

4 comments:

  1. Will these show up on the Tompkins' table any time soon? Recipe, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, no, I'm not planning on cooking them - I assumed they were for a lesson on repoduction Aaron Ray is teaching on Monday - but I do have a recipe for fried testicles, they're called "Rocky Mountain Oysters" around here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very familiar with Rocky Mountain Oysters--of the pork variety. I grew up in Iowa, you know. They are quite tasty with dipping sauce!

    ReplyDelete