Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lost.

Loss is an interesting concept.  It can trigger all kinds of emotions, reactions and painful states of being.  Loss is an interesting word as well; sometimes it seems like a more profound or even more poignant way of describing something that is awful.

As in, we lost the baby.

See, we say lost...but he or she is still here, still with me, and in both of our hearts.  As much time as it took me to convince myself I was pregnant, I can only imagine how much time it's going to take me to convince myself that I'm not anymore.  Loss is sharp, cutting, hard and then continues on as a dull ache that has its core down deep - deep in those places where so much life used to be.

With all that said, I thank our Almighty Father that he created a flip side to loss.  He came to earth to remind us that there is, above all else, hope

Imagine that.  We can still be hopeful, even now, even during the pain of loss.

And we are.


We covet all your prayers.  Thank you for being here with us as we go through this hard time.

7 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry for your loss! We are praying for you both!

    Britni and Dustin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you lots today. I love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. I wish I were there for a hug and anything else. We are praying.
    Love, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you so much! Praying all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God made tears for the purpose of cleansing our soul, cry and grieve; it's good for the soul. The sun will shine again. You are both loved and prayed for.

    ReplyDelete