Friday, January 28, 2011

Days off always make me feel thankful...

So, this weekend I embark on an interesting 3 days.  My delightful husband is on a business trip far far away in VA and will be gone until Sunday night, and I am on my long weekend off of work...and for possibly the first time since I started working, I don't have a weekend getaway planned, which makes me pretty excited.  I think these next few days show the promise of being extremely productive, which, of course, also makes me pretty thankful.  Don't you just love the feeling of a job well done?  I do...

Thing I'm thankful for #1:  The dining room.  It has been a work in progress for a couple of months now, and while it is relatively small, I'm fond of fitting 12 or more people in here to share a meal, and now it's time to make it worthy of such events.  In my mind's eye I see: beadboard wainscoting up to chair-rail height, lovely french country wallpaper on an accent wall, yellow paint and freshly painted white mouldings throughout (and someday, new french doors that open out onto the deck).  Oh it will be so nice to have the downstairs finished!



Thing I'm thankful for #2:  Miter saws.  Well, more specifically, this one I snatched from my mom's garage.  Moulding is not easy to do without one...and I really have to admit, I love me some power tools.  Especially the Henderson Castrating Tool, but that's a different story.


Thing I'm thankful for #3:  A husband that faithfully takes out the trash.  You city folk can't appreciate this as much because all you have to do is put it in a big trashcan out on the street...but Aaron Ray has to put the mountains of trash I generate and put it in the truck and take it 25 minutes away to the county landfill.  Someday I'll get a good picture of ARay taking out the trash and post for your viewing pleasure. :)

Thing I'm thankful for #4:  My Blundsone boots, which I fondly refer to as my Blunnies....They're the best boots I've ever worn...they're more comfy than sneakers, are amazingly waterproof (even though I don't take care of them like I should), are super easy to get on and off AND fit in my overshoe cattle boots like magic.  Get yourself a pair today. :)



Thing I'm thankful for #5:  Extreme weather events.  Wind, snow, sleet, hail, thunderstorms...I love 'em all.  Weather is the thing that a) I discuss with clients when I'm finished asking them about what's going on with their cow/sheep/goat/ferret/cat/dog/bearded dragon/chicken and don't know what else to talk about and b) adds a little break in the week where I can look forward to something that no one can really accurately predict.  It's like Christmas.  AND, I have never lived someplace that is so tied to the weather.  This is what I know when I wake up to a foggy/rainy morning:  we won't get many appointments until later in the day because no one wants to go out in the nasty weather.  If it's snowing, forget it - might as well get surgeries done and go home, NO ONE is driving out in that...except maybe a nail trim.

I did not take this picture.  Megan, the best receptionist in the world, did...and this is what our parking lot looked like on Wednesday.  It was a mess trying to get home and I loved every second of it...
Thing I'm thankful for #6:  My little Bella-girl.  She is simply hilarious.  Last week, Aaron Ray was coming home late, so I fixed my dinner and ate it in the living room....

This is what me eating my dinner looked like from the front porch.  The reason why I took this picture will make sense in approximately 10 seconds...
While I was watching American Pickers on the History Channel (yes, I LOVE that show!), I heard a metallic sound coming from the front porch...and I looked out the window and there was Bella...she had just dropped something metal right outside the window and was looking at me intently.  My immediate thought process is "of course!...only MY dog would eat something metal and perf. her stomach and make me have to go in on emergency to work on my OWN dog."  So I run out to take away whatever she's got and see this:


Now, I do not believe that my dog knows what a fork is or what it's for...but somehow, she found a fork somewhere out in the wilderness behind my house (and not a fork I've ever seen before, mind you) and dropped it outside the window while she watched me eat my dinner.  Coincidence?  Good Lord, I hope so.


Ok, that's all the pictures from the past week I've got...hopefully I'll have some good "after" pictures from whatever I manage to get done this weekend to post.  Happy Friday, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Love hearing your "thankfuls". Enjoy the quiet. Read and rest, sounds like you need and deserve it! Keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete